Orchids to …
• First Christian church, drivers and everyone that was involved for the wonderful Thanksgiving dinner as the food was very delicious and delivered at the perfect temperature for eating, from the Gilley family.
• Harlie Lois Hines for the cornbread dressing, from John Tinkey.
• the Moravian Church for providing birthday cake to celebrate the birthdays of Rachael Ross, age 101, and Merrill Clouse, Martha Shaffer and Pat Herron, all age 95.
• Cody Wilson for singing a solo at the Moravian Church Sunday morning.
• the kitchen and dining room staff at Four Seasons Retirement Home for the wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, from residents and their guests.
• Peter’s Heating and Air for the timely replacement of our furnace, from Butch and Marty.
• Bob Snively for his excellent letter to the editor detailing why the Electoral College is necessary and critical to ensure that all voters have a voice in the presidential elections.
Onions to …
• people who think liberals are telling individual citizens that they can’t say “Merry Christmas,” when the city cannot have a “Christmas” tree lighting ceremony because that would violate the separation of church and state.
• the Onion writer who complained about the closed section of the People Trail along the Flatrock River in Noblitt Park not being renovated, when a replacement was actually built to the east several years ago by the city.
• the city for the totally tacky Christmas decorations downtown.
• people who think that the labor market is improving when college graduates cannot find jobs, and jobs where you can work 40 hours per week and get benefits are going away.
• neighbors who claim that they are disabled but ride their bikes around the neighborhood and then want free meals delivered to them on Thanksgiving instead of getting it themselves.
• the person or people who keep taking my World War II veteran grandfather’s flowers and American flag off of his mausoleum.
• people who do not know how to keep a job when they get one.
• the person in the big dark SUV with the puppy paw and stickers in the back window.
Happy Birthday to …
• Brent Garrison, from your Viox co-workers, IOB folks and Donna.
• Susan Calloway, from your family and Donna.
• Linda Denninger, from Kay.
• Markus Larsen, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Greg Smith, from Marian.
• Rachael Ross, on No. 101, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Trenton Tharp.
• Rachael Ross, on No. 101.
• Alex Ray and Jeremiah Griffin, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Gary Powers, from Dove Ministries.
• Isaac Scott O’Haver, from Mom, Dad and the rest of your family.
• Craig Buck, from your wife Teresa and daughter Natasha.
Happy Birthday to …
• Gene Denny, from Lynn, Melody, Donna, Sandy and Terry Cross from Crossroads band.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Brenda and Gary Powers, from Dove Ministries.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning