Orchids to …
• Giggin’ fer God at St. Bartholomew Catholic Church for the wonderful music.
• the person driving the black SUV for stopping when my dog ran onto Indianapolis Road, from the dog owner.
• Willow Crossing for the Thanksgiving dinner for residents and families, and in appreciation for all the work the staff did for the evening, from Dennie and his family.
• the nice lady who paid for my light bulbs that I forgot Sunday and then wished me a Merry Christmas.
• Sadie’s Family Dining for providing our dinner at our Christmas show.
• the people in front of us in line Saturday at Chick-fil-A for paying for our lunch with their gift card.
• Cindy Poland Portraits for the beautiful pictures of my granddaughter Marie.
• John Ruble for the great message Sunday, from the church.
• Connie for your giving spirit; we will pay it forward.
• the cashiers at Walmart on east side for their kind assistance.
• Seth Kelley for your great achievement of the Eagle Scout Award.
• the paper carrier for putting the paper on my porch.
• the person in the van in front of me with “Corner Office” on the back for paying for my sandwiches Saturday at Burger King.
• the veteran who picked up the flag the manager had put on the floor and putting it back in its place.
• The Republic for its award-winning tradition of excellence and making our community proud.
Onions to …
• the city resident whose front parking area extends out into the already narrow street, and the visitors who park there blocking part of the roadway.
• the city for the ugly, cheap-looking Christmas light displays downtown, especially the “Happy” one.
• the man at the basketball game who did not remove his hat during the national anthem and showed his small son a bad example, as he did not remove his hat either.
• the high school theater production that thought it was necessary to bring current politics into a classic.
• the driver of the white Buick who parked in a reserved spot that I paid for.
• churches who have select people they help, but others they don’t.
• the restaurant that still has patio furniture out in December.
• the people at the parade who were vaping and smoking in front of their babies and forcing other people to leave and look for other spots to watch the parade.
• the paper for having a typo on the front page.
• the restaurant manager for laying our country’s flag on the floor.
• the county for not providing a sufficient number of first responders.
Happy Birthday to …
• Carol Cooper, from your family and Donna.
• J.B. Wilson from Marvin and Brenda Brown.
• Blythe Burdine, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Richard Wilkerson, from Jay and Roberta.
• Kathy King, from Browns Corner Chapel Church.
• Walter L. Pardieck, on No. 81, from your family.
• J.B. Wilson, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Mary Price, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Wyatt Hoover.
• Susan Blackburn.
• Benjamin Johnson.
• Brianna Young.
• Morgan McKinney.
• Valerie Hooten, from Mom V.
Happy Birthday to …
• Gabriel Manning, from Grandma and Grandpa Weddle.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Keith Matlock, from Dolly.
• Bennie Stott, on No. 62, from Carolyn.