Orchids to …
• Tyler at McDonald’s on State Road 46 for always being so friendly, helpful and having a smile for everyone, from a grateful customer.
• Angie at Studio D for the beautiful hairstyle for my work party Saturday.
• Frank Wyatt and Hannah Reed for all your help after my surgery, from Mamaw Marla.
• Denise and Randy at Rust-Unger Monuments for helping with my father’s marker.
• National Alliance on Mental Illness for the delicious dinner/party at First Christian Church for clients and their families.
• Clarence Cox for cleaning out our eavestrough, from Susan and Peyton.
Onions to …
• the doctor’s office for decorating patient chairs for the holidays, which do nothing but harbor germs.
• the church that will be having only a 4 p.m. and a 5:30 p.m. Christmas Eve service and nothing on Christmas Day.
• whoever complained about the Christmas tree lights downtown, because I think they’re beautiful, and I thank the people for doing it.
Happy Birthday to …
• Joan “Grandma Jojo” Becker on No. 92, from all your grandchildren.
• Chris McCord, from your family and Donna.
• Barb Hardin, from your family, Nancy and Donna.
• Mark Sprague, from your family and Donna.
• Jim Ponsler, from your family and Donna.
• Salina Chadd and Michael Hadley, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Georgia Hudec, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Chris McCord, from Mom and Dad.
• Sandra Nolting, from the family.
• Zoe Curd, on No. 4, from Grandma Joan and Grandma Jean.
• James Illig and Dorothy Traylor, from friends at Hope Moravian Church.
• Nathan Downey.
• Teresa Hedrick.
• Martha Broady.
• Bailey Schoultz, on No. 6, from Mom, Benny, Grandma McClintic, Mamaw Laurel, Pappy Dan, Tony, Jason, Brian, Aurora, Kayliegh, Torrie, Tom and Mamaw and Papaw Schoultz.
• Allen Roll, from Donna, and your mother Betty, sisters and all the family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Donald and Barbara Olkiewicz, on No. 59, from Laura and Mark.
• Ted and Linda Finke.
• Eric and Emily Brown.