Orchids to …
• the person who sent me the coupons in the mail, from a disabled person.
• Misty Gilham-Shipley, my niece, for going with me for my surgery, bringing me home and staying with me afterward, from Auntie Pam.
• neighbors Tammy and Denver Huff for checking on me and bringing me food after my surgery, from Pam.
• Craig and Sandy for all their help and patience with me last Sunday afternoon.
• Shannan and Whitley Fields for the hot chocolate and gift card, from the crossing guards at Richards Elementary School.
• Walmart’s Nessa for her kindness and patience in the photography department, from a grateful customer.
• Mike Keogh and the Men’s Choir at St. Bartholomew Catholic Church for wonderful music during Mass, and Father Andy and Father Clem for a wonderful celebration of the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
• Southside Elementary School for always helping families in need around the holidays, as it’s very much appreciated.
• my neighbor on Cedar Ridge Drive for the wonderful Christmas pastries.
• the new administrator that doesn’t call a two-hour delay every time it’s below 50 and partly cloudy.
• Sherry Grimes, for another great letter refuting leftist clap-trap.
Onions to …
• the former city official taking potshots at that person’s successor.
• the company that did not give any money to the band going to the inauguration parade.
• the restaurant that doesn’t have good heat and you can’t eat for shivering.
• the rude office manager at the dentist’s office.
• the receptionists at the clinic for being rude and unprofessional when I called to get records.
Happy Birthday to …
• Eric Hoene, from Mom and Dad.
• Tony Beach, from old work cronies.
• Cheryl Henry from Aunt Elsie.
• Shannon Dailey.
Belated Wishes to …
• Piper Hinds, on No. 4, from Daddy, Grandma, Great-grandma Hagerty, Krista and Kaylee.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Heather and Josh Pickup from the Netser family.