COLUMBUS, Indiana — A suspect in a mid-day vehicle pursuit in Columbus was arrested by police after he was found hiding in an empty trash can behind a residence.
Steven R. Burton, 39, Columbus, is being held without bond on a 48-hour hold in the Bartholomew County Jail on preliminary charges of:
- A Bartholomew County warrant for failure to appear on criminal mischief
- A Bartholomew County warrant for petition to revoke on failure to comply on resisting law enforcement, invasion of privacy and criminal recklessness
- Resisting law enforcement in a vehicle
- Resisting law enforcement on foot
- Criminal recklessness with a vehicle
- Driving while suspended with a prior conviction
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Johnson County arrest warrant
A passenger in the vehicle, Natasha N. Carr, 27, Columbus, was arrested on a preliminary charge of false informing.
Read more details in Wednesday’s print edition of The Republic.