Orchids to …
• Katharine Smith for the memories shared in Friday’s paper.
• the lady at Bath and Body Works on Tuesday who gave me a coupon for my purchase.
• Gary Reynolds for supplying treats for the break girls.
• the downtown church for its banner promoting peace and acceptance, from a grateful resident.
• the lovely lady at the store who found my mother’s earring and handed it back to me.
• Brad and Chris from Lohmeyer’s for their great work with the installation and repairs Wednesday and for their pride in a job well done, from Mrs. L.
• Joyce Myers for being the nicest Mary Kay lady and being so grateful during the holidays.
• Outreach Church for giving away brand new household goods, clothes and toys to many needy families at the Hauser gymnasium in Hope.
• Chapel of the Good Shepherd for the food basket delivered to my home, from a grateful Hope resident.
• Fisher’s Flower Basket for the bouquet they gave me when I there purchasing a wreath for the grave of a loved one.
Onions to …
• people who forget the reason for the season is the birth of Jesus and not all about you and your family.
• the city for changing the downtown banner policy.
• employers who do nothing to show their appreciation to their employees during the holidays.
• The Republic for not publishing holiday hours for the city’s buses and enough articles of importance to Bartholomew County.
• people who know my wife is off Fridays but continue to send text after text Friday mornings from 6 to 7 a.m. so she can’t sleep in.
• the person who is importing deer to stock what is essentially a canned hunting operation for profit.
• people who are not willing to spend an extra hour in church on Christmas to attend Sunday school with their family after what Jesus did for you.
• varsity teams that play JV teams then treat the “win” like a varsity win and include it in their record.
• people who haven’t figured out that diversity is only great when you walk lockstep with the elitists.
Happy Birthday to …
• Nikki Burton, from Aunt B., Paul and Donna.
• Alyssa Hewitt Bales, from Grandpa, Grandma and Kim.
• Guiann Conover, Josh Burton, Randy Wampler and Ronnie Hardy, from Pastor Lewis Burton and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Aaron Compton, from Mom, Granny and family.
• Robin DuLong, from family and friends.
Belated Wishes to …
• Hannah Pruden, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Dan Villiger.
• David Carter.
• Christmas birthday wishes to …
• Linda Foley, from the whole family.
• Nick Marlin, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Ryan Boch.
• Joseph Talkington.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Mark and Becky Johnson, on No. 39, from everyone in the Johnson, Allman and Maschino families.
Belated Wishes to …
• Steve and Joyce Garrison, from friends at the Moravian Church.