Orchids to …
• The Republic for not printing a paper on Christmas Sunday.
• Laura for coming out on a rainy day to get us into the bank for our Christmas party, as you saved the day for us, from Patty.
• to the railroad company for letting us have a quiet Christmas Day, from Michael Meadows.
• the city for changing the banner policy.
• everyone at Lowe’s who made the extra effort to deliver a new refrigerator Thursday when mine quit running on Tuesday, from Sheryl Foist.
• Brandon Andress for his wonderful article on the true meaning of Christmas.
• Cheryl Nulph for her letter to the editor about obnoxiously loud music at some Columbus restaurants, from Bonnie Fuller.
• the lady who paid for the rest of my purchases on Christmas Eve at the JayC Store in Edinburgh.
• Alexis Crabtree for being on the honor roll, from Daddy, Betty and the Crabtree family.
• Pastor Chuck Kennedy and his wife Kim of Columbus Baptist Church for coming to Central Park Place to lead us in singing Christmas carols as we had a wonderful time, from a member.
• Jerri at Walgreens for the beautiful Christmas card, from Lisa Welch.
• Mrs. Johnson, the sweet angel at Menards on Thursday, who came up to my van, for your blessing to my unborn grandson, from Betty Dietrich.
• Gary and Vicki for my beautiful Christmas arrangement, from Arvella.
• St. Peter’s Lutheran Church for the wonderful Christmas meal, from those who really appreciated it.
• St. Louis Crossing Baptist Church for the wonderful Christmas gift, from Michael and Sheila Mullenix.
• Bob’s Custom Brushed Car Wash, from Carol Johnston.
• the anonymous person who put such a heartfelt gift on my front porch, from Ruth Ann.
Onions to …
• people who don’t realize that when Christmas is on a Sunday, churches can have one worship service devoted exclusively to the birth of Christ and then get home for Christmas dinner with family.
• people who need to learn to set their text message ringtone to silent on their day off.
• Columbus for taking down the banners because of tourism and the almighty dollar.
• the congregation that talks more than the preacher does during the message.
• The Republic for no Sunday newspaper.
• the medical facility for how it treats old ladies.
• the local newspaper.
Happy Birthday to …
• Robin Gassaway and Trenton Denton, from Pastor Lewis Burton and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Taryn Sims.
• Lauren Carter.
• Skip Robertson.
• Carol Biggs.
Belated Wishes to …
• Mabe Pruitt, from Wanda and Gracie.
• Leah Brouse, from Adam, Claire, Noah, Dad, Mom and all the family.
• Amanda Burden and Missy Spears, from Dove Ministries.
• Steve Wilson, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Miles Harvey
• Haven Hartwell.
• Kevin Young.
• Darin Sims
• Wanda Bontrager.
• Shantel Bragg.
• Taylor Stone.
• Mike Clark.
• Brooklyn Mattingly.
• Ashley Mullenix, from Mom and Dad.
• Steven Robertson, from St. Louis Crossing Baptist Church.
• Emily Fowler, from her family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Phillip and Sharon Harker and Owen and Karen Childers, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Lucas and Becky Crowder.
Belated Wishes to …
• the Rev. Marcus and Jennifer Speer, on No. 19, from John Tinkey.
• Spencer and Kristine Gross
• Allen and Harriett Gilman.
• Joseph and Deborah Harker.