Orchids to …
• the Hauser boys basketball team for having a circle prayer for their coach at center court after every game this season.
• Monty at Lowe’s in the appliances department for outstanding customer service.
• The Republic for the nice red-and-gold banner on the new building.
• the Bartholomew County Historical Society for the wonderful seasonal window display at their new location on 538 Washington St.
• the Sims family for their dedication to race reconciliation in our community.
• all who sent cards, flowers, gifts and prayers while I was ill, from Mary Garten.
• Four Seasons healthcare and the EMT staff, doctors and the Emergency Room at Columbus Regional Hospital for all you’ve done for me the past six weeks, from Mary Garten.
• Manny Macias, the east side Walmart employee, from a regular customer.
• To Meryl Streep for her awesome acceptance speech.
Onions to …
• the person at the medical facility who was smoking cigarettes in the parking lot.
• the people who don’t like semis or trains but still purchase stuff.
• the person who believes that grant money from the state comes from fairies and is not taxpayer money.
• the rude dental receptionist who thinks she can talk to people with a highly disrespectful tone just because she doesn’t like someone’s insurance.
• the newspaper for not sending the paper Sunday.
• the party that lost the election who needs to stop whining.
• liberals who are suddenly shocked by the meaning of words that conservatives have had to deal with for the last eight years.
• the weather station for inaccurately reporting weather conditions.
• people who drive without any lights on in the fog and mist.
• the city for allowing the patio furniture to be stacked up in front of The Commons.
• the store clerk at the utility company who entered the wrong account number on my bill when I paid, making me behind on my utilities.
Happy Birthday to …
• Kay Hoene, from Don, Sharon, and your family.
• Edell Roberts, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Blake Michael-Ray Keller, from Grandma Rosie.
• Bill Mitchell on No. 80, from your family and friends.
• Granny Fleetwood, from Pappy, Tim, Kelly, Abbie and Boots.
• Harry Beeker, from C.J., the Dougherty family and the Wager family.
• Blake Keller, from Dove Ministries.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Floyd and Shona Fisher, from your family and Donna.
• Randy and Loretta Denton, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• David and Diana Davidson on No. 24, from Vicki and Chris.