Orchids to …
• the Sandcreek Extension Homemakers Club for their kind gesture of delivering delicious, generous, homemade meals to community residents Monday.
• Lt. Alan Sladek and Lt. Jodi Sladek for their hard work at the Salvation Army in Columbus.
• BCSC for allowing AC students to stay on the regular report card so our students can continue to be on the honor roll.
• Connie Munn for the welcome surprise of treating two old ladies to breakfast Tuesday morning.
• The Republic for the outdoor column in the Sunday paper.
• Jackie with PNC Bank on 25th Street for being so helpful and kind with my checkbook mistake.
• Larry Perkinson on his performance at Columbus’ “Dancing With the Stars.”
• Justin and his friend Kyle for removing my couch from my house and for the hard work, from Carl.
• all the people that are either going to Indianapolis or Washington, D.C., from Columbus and surrounding areas to support the women’s march Saturday.
Onions to …
• major political parties that are just two sides of the same coin.
• the uninformed who don’t realize Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act are one in the same and that 18 million American citizens will lose their health insurance coverage when it is repealed.
• the paper whose coverage is all about one person.
• the new elected official for too much favoritism.
• neighbors who still display political signs expressing opposition to one candidate.
• coaches who do not fairly alternate players and leave certain kids in the entire game.
• the city for the giant pothole at the intersection of State Road 46 and Carr Hill Road.
Happy Birthday to …
• W.A. Burton, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Chase Loyd, from Great-grandma Janet.
• Bill Walker, from your wife, kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews and friends.
• Tom Goddard, from your wife. Judy.