Orchids to …
• former Mayor Kristen Brown for taking Columbus to new heights with her open-minded, soft-edged style of governing.
• the Taylorsville Fire Department and all other units who responded to the fire at our home in Taylorsville, from Wade and Margaret Goodin.
• the Kirk family for all you have done for us in the loss of our home, from Wade and Margaret Goodin.
• Goldie for being the sweetest Walmart associate, from the towel lady.
• to Robert Jordan for his outstanding and positive letter to the editor which states how great America already is.
• Milo Smith and all others for their efforts in helping the Columbus North High School band make their trip to Washington, D.C., from John and Judy Lind.
Onions to …
• people who don’t realize that lawmakers are going to put out a replacement health care plan when Affordable Care Act is repealed and it won’t be as expensive.
• people who still have not accepted Trump winning, even after the Electoral College officially elected him.
• school districts that give performance bonuses to new hires when they weren’t the ones who earned it.
• people who worship a pile of scrap metal.
• people who haven’t figured out we survived the past eight years and will survive the next.
Happy Birthday to …
• Mike Trimnell, from your family.
• Emily BonFange, from Nana.
• Lisa Duke, from your Daughters of Isabella sisters.
• Henry Phelps, from Kyle, Kendra, Emily and Baby.
• Henry Phelps, from Regina Phelps.
• Hank Phelps, from your church.
• Henry J. Phelps, from your family.
• Landon Harker, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Diane Stafford, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Sean Eberhart, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Ruth Hitchcock, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Betty Misner.
• Amy Jines.
• Boaz Frazier-Bey.
• McKenzie Acton.
• Wanda Hunter, from W.W.
• Amy Kutch, from Jean Patrick.
• Alex Hewitt, from Grandpa and Grandma Hewitt.
Happy belated Birthday to …
• Charlie Tyree from Grandma Hege.