Orchids to …
• Jim Wheatley, for all you do for me, from Sandy.
• Pat Hampton, for lunch and taking us home from church, from Sandy.
• Donald Goodwin for his powerful letter to the editor on abortion. May God bless you.
• the nice gentleman at Cork Liquors for your help and patience when I was looking for a selection of wines last Friday night, from a happy customer.
• Damon and the crew from Honeymoon Hauling for getting us moved so quickly and carefully.
• People who realize citing “alternative facts” is teaching our kids that it’s OK to lie.
• Parkside Pirates cheerleaders for winning the Super Saturday competition, from Erika’s Grandma and Grandpa Fields.
• The Republic for outstanding coverage of the Elementary Basketball League championships Saturday.
• the Women’s March movement for the 10 Things to Do in the Next 100 Days.
• Kenny Glass location in Seymour for amazing and fast customer service.
• everyone who came to my 90th birthday party Sunday afternoon, from Roger.
• the young lady and her friend that it was my privilege to serve Sunday evening, and for the incredible $100 tip.
Onions to …
• The Republic for not publishing a picture of Vice President Pence’s swearing-in that included Justice Clarence Thomas, who conducted the ceremony.
• women who protest for equal rights except for the rights of the unborn.
• the current administration that believes media releases are transparency and not propaganda.
• customers too lazy to put their own groceries back in their carts and thinks it’s the cashier’s responsibility.
• a society where everyone has their own facts and no one gets to the truth.
• people who still want to legalize medical marijuana.
• the city for what’s become of Washington Street — no parking, no shopping and no people.
• Bartholomew County for not celebrating National Agriculture Week.
• City of Columbus for not celebrating Columbus Transit Week.
• news stories still talking about 1,000 jobs being saved in Indiana when it was actually less than 800.
• people who argue that jobs are being brought back to the United States when in actuality those jobs don’t exist and have been replaced with automation.
• people who don’t think dogs deserve fresh air on car rides.
• the supervisor who allows an employee to dictate when she is going to work.
• the new president for going back on his campaign promise to release his tax returns.
Happy Birthday to …
• Morgan Bowker, from Pastor Lewis Burton and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Emylee States on No. 16, from Dad and Mom, Ethyn, Hayden, Adyson, Uncle Greg and Grandma and Grandpa States.
• Judy Elliott.
• Brook Knudsen.
• Abby Hartwell.
• Myles Buckner.
• Vicki Griffin, from Diana Davidson.
• Reese Holmes, from Diana Davidson.
• Elizabeth Padfield, from Mom, Dad and Sophie.
• Rick Wade, on No. 4, from Carol Wade.
• Bev Hoagland, from Aunt Alma.
Belated Wishes to …
• Jalen Ballard, on No. 11, from Grandma and Grandpa and Daddy.
Happy Anniversary to …
• David and Sandy Bense.
• J.D. and Thelma Wilson on No. 65, from Jewell Village Church.