Orchids to …
• the Columbus residents who marched in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 21.
• the funeral dinner committee at St. John’s Lutheran Church that served a delicious meal after Betty McCory’s funeral on Tuesday.
• Fisher’s Flowers for your beautiful gift baskets, which are well worth the money, from Vicky.
• leaders who understand it is far better to build bridges rather than put up walls.
• Gary and Marilyn Cheek for their awesome help, from John Tinkey.
• all those who have joined in prayer for the health problems of former Hauser basketball coach Bob Nobbe.
• all those in the Women’s March movement because they march to protect the rights of all women and to try to keep our country free.
Onions to …
• those who believe that the just-ended eight-year administration in Washington, D.C., was anything other than an abject failure.
• elected officials who support cronies.
• any local radio station that does not broadcast local news on the weekends.
• those who comment on the inefficiency of the proposed border wall without knowing that it will include cameras, underground sensors and other detection technology.
• the city workers for yelling at me rather than calmly discussing what I was up to.
• those who discriminate against a handicap.
• people who spread and believe fake news, especially horrific stories.
• any person who disregards our nation’s allies and supports plans to reshape American policy with the influence of a communist leader.
• all the people who walk or jog in the bicycle lane in our neighborhood.
Happy Birthday to …
• Karen Hargett, from your family.
• Maddie Cline, from your family.
• Connie Bolte, from your family and Donna.
• Alan Mize, from Dad, Mom and family.
• Daniel Green, from Mary.
• Frank Randall, from your family.
• Di Nolting, from Charlie and Betty.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Roger and Marilyn Williams, from your family and Donna.
• Happy Belated Anniversary to…
• Monroe and Freida Burton, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.