Orchids to …
• Salin Bank and Culligan on Rocky Ford Road for having your parking lot potholes filled in.
• 106.1 The River for playing music and not pre-empting music with sports.
• the person who turned in the pink tablet at Target on Monday morning, from a grateful little girl and her mother.
• all the helpful and caring people that assisted the elderly couple at ZwanzigZ on Saturday evening when the elderly women fell, from her family.
• Pastor Seniour at the Sanctuary Church for such an awesome service, love Freda.
• Keely and Braxton at the Sprint store in Northern Village Plaza for being so helpful and patient with us while we were buying new phones.
Onions to …
• the many, many people who tailgate me even though I’m driving 5 mph over the posted 30 mph limit.
• The Republic for not publishing anything about the blizzard of 1979 in the paper.
• Indiana Republicans who thought about giving Indiana’s top leaders huge raises.
• those who believe the local press should cover Mike Pence as if we are all proud of him because some are not.
• the millions of women crying about Trump.
• uninformed people who think the last administration in Washington was an abject failure.
• the drivers who insist on driving day and night with their fog lights on when there is no fog.
• the out-of-state company that tells customers one thing and then their contractors do the opposite.
• those who support trade restrictions with Mexico that risk jobs for engines built in Walesboro.
• the local newspaper for being so flimsy you can’t keep the pages open.
Happy Birthday to …
• Ethan Campbell, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Grey Goldman, from Brown’s Corner Chapel Church.
• Pam Carr and Josh Ross from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Dottie Sims.
• Betsy Downey.
• Laynie Greenn.
• Jordan Shoaf.
• John Hall, from your friends and family.
• Wilma Huffman on No. 90, from Jan and Rick.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Beverly Hewitt, from Rodney and Rhonda.
• Justin Harvey, from Aunt Elsie.
• Maya Smith, from Aunt Elsie.
• Drew Sterett.
• Mattie Shoaf.
• Austin Chambers, Grant Nading, Terry Sweet and Tim Shoaf, from friends at the Moravian Church.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Carmon and Ialleta, with love from Bobby and Freda.
• Bill and Mary Price, from friends at the Moravian Church.
Happy Belated Anniversary to …
• Don and Eleanor Settle, from friends at the Moravian Church.