Orchids to …
• the generous lady who bought my groceries for me at Marsh.
• the carrier at The Republic for placing my paper by the garage door, making it much easier for a 90-year-old widow to retrieve.
• people who understand retailers are in business to make a profit and should not be compelled to carry a line of merchandise its customers don’t want to purchase, no matter whose name is attached to the line.
• Wright Brothers Implement for an awesome open house Wednesday.
• Sheriff Matt Myers for his sensible letter regarding Jim Lucas’ bill to eliminate licenses to carry handguns in Indiana.
• Columbus East Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) for preparing and serving the meal site at Hope Moravian Church.
• Kari Erwin and the FCCLA members for the Mommy and Me Princess Tea at Columbus East High School.
• the couple who stopped in their car to help me when I fell at Parkside on the sidewalk Saturday afternoon.
• my sons, James Richards and Darrell Richards, for bringing me good food, from Louise.
• Judy Wood for picking up the tax packet and the scrubber, from Sandy.
• patriots who are willing to resist efforts to dismantle our democracy.
Onions to …
• any local law office that continues to charge while showing no obvious outcome or resolution for the issue they were retained for.
• people who don’t understand the system of delivering news via print can never be instantaneous like social media and feel the need to complain about it.
• the political party that lost for slowly dragging its feet to confirm and therefore not letting Americans move forward.
Happy Birthday to …
• Karen Cole, from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• Sonna Rayburn, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Starr Reitzel, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Allison White, from your family.
• Betty Schaefer, from your friend Lisa.
• Mike Lewis, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Patty Sipple, from Janet, Charlotte and Susan.
• Ben Lawson, from your sons.
• Diane Bringman, from JoAnne.
• Kay Newton, from Sue Miller.
• Cecil Workman, from Linda.
• MacKenzie Young.
• Amanda Perkins.
• Nick Adams.
• Angela Bailey.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Lisa Cosby, from Grandma Norma.
• June Binson, from Elsie.