Columbus police arrested a Flat Rock man on numerous drug-related charges after a traffic stop near the 2500 block of Marr Road.
Officers Welsey Dodge and Dan Meister stopped a vehicle driven by George L. Griffith Jr., 36, 2862 E. County Road 975S, Flat Rock, whose vehicle was reportedly weaving in the road at 6:50 p.m. Sunday, said Lt. Matt Harris, Columbus Police Department spokesman.
Officers observed Griffith attempting to conceal an unknown item in his back pocket and they recovered a glass pipe with methamphetamine residue in it, Harris said.
After Griffith was arrested, officers found methamphetamine as well as numerous pills and a partially smoked marijuana cigarette in his clothing, Harris said. While searching Griffith’s vehicle, officers found more methamphetamine, several empty plastic bags consistent with narcotics dealing and drug paraphernalia, Harris said.
Harris said Griffith was arrested on charges of:
- Felony dealing in methamphetamine
- Felony possession of drug paraphernalia
- Felony possession of methamphetamine
- Two counts of felony possession of a narcotic drug
- Misdemeanor possession of marijuana
- Misdemeanor dealing in marijuana
- Two counts of misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance
- Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia
Griffith is being held in the Bartholomew County Jail in lieu of $133,500 bond, jail officials said.