The public is invited to join Purdue Extension in a local orchard to learn about pruning fruit trees.
- Learn the basics of fruit tree pruning, including when and how.
- Learn goals for pruning, and the cuts that get it done.
- See and try different kinds of pruning tools.
- Learn about pruning safety.
- Gain hands-on practice with the trees.
- Discover where to find answers after the workshop.
The workshops will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Feb. 23 and 25 on a farm just south of Columbus. Only those registered will receive the address.
For Feb. 23, register at eventbrite.com/e/thursday-fruit-tree-pruning-workshop-tickets-31157290294.
For Feb. 25, register at eventbrite.com/e/saturday-fruit-tree-pruning-workshop-tickets-31157721584.
Participants are urged to dress for the weather and bring pruners and gloves. Severe weather may result in cancellation.
Information: Kris Medic, Purdue Extension educator for agriculture, natural resources and community development, 812-379-1665.