Orchids to …
• Annette Howell for sharing her thoughts in a recent letter to the editor, from one of many who agree with her.
• Arnold Bates on his retirement from Columbus Transit, from a fellow bus rider.
• Curtis and Kylee from the library’s Digital Underground for helping me with Adobe Photoshop, from Chris at Just Friends Adult Day Services.
• Roy for the thoughtful Valentine’s Day flowers, from the staff at Just Friends Adult Day Services.
• Bartholomew County Indivisible for keeping us updated on House Bill 1014.
• Kathleen Smith for her excellent, thought-provoking letter to the editor concerning war victims.
• Kenneth and Judy Lee for the good food for supper.
• Kristy Carothers and Dolores and Tom Nielsen for all your help with the Turning Point mailing.
• Shorty Whittington for the awesome meal at Scooter’s on Thursday.
• the Kroger employee who was helping me find a dairy-free margarine, and when we thought there wasn’t one for looking further and bringing it to me in the checkout line, from Kim.
• concerned citizens who are not only alarmed by covert communications with Russian operatives, but who are also willing to speak out.
Onions to …
• to our representatives who are not listening to the people on House Bill 1014.
• those who don’t realize that opposition to medical marijuana is because federal law prohibits marijuana in all cases.
• those who charge kids almost $300 for a T-shirt and a hoodie to play a sport.
• employers who have hired illegal immigrants and are now getting what they deserve as their employees walk out from work to protest.
• the paper for editing Orchids and Onions.
• The Republic for publishing Onions in the paper which causes problems between people.
• people who have three or four dogs on each side of their neighbors and cause them to bark.
• the newspaper for recognizing Columbus but not the rest of the state after the girls basketball regional over the weekend.
• the local funeral home that is rude to people when they call for service information.
• the selfish single person who wants Valentine’s Day banned because it is hurtful and offensive even though that person — and others — could enjoy the holiday by giving valentines to lonely or ill persons.
• those who speak excessively about a pregnancy at inappropriate times.
• those who haven’t accepted the outcome of the presidential election when we accepted the outcome of the previous one for eight years.
Happy Birthday to …
• Bill Smith, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Bridgette Wheeler, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Monica Steinke, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Louise Long, from the Noblitts and the Mitchells.
• David Golden, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Dave Spangler, from Elsie.
• Katie Lovins.
• Jill Sigman.
• Amanda Lee West.
• Eddie Loweth, from your family.
• Joe Petro, from Mom and Aunt Doll.
• RueAnn Cave, from your friends, Beat, Pat and Lucy.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Greg and Sherry Wheeler, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.