Jennings County schools will soon host a Kindergarten Roundup for students who will begin kindergarten in the fall. Students must be 5 years old on or before Aug. 1 to enroll.
Parents who are enrolling their child in a public school must do so at the school for the area where they live. Parents also must bring to the session an immunization record and original birth certificate.
Anyone unable to attend their school’s scheduled roundup can attend another roundup, but must note which school the child will be attending.
Special roundup bags containing things parents and children can do together to prepare for kindergarten will be distributed at the sessions.
The roundup schedule is as follows:
- Hayden Elementary, 55 S. County Road 685W: 9 to 11 a.m. and noon to 2 p.m. March 22
- North Vernon Elementary, 810 W. Walnut St.: 9 to 11 a.m. and noon to 2 p.m. April 4 and 5
- Brush Creek Elementary, 4275 U.S. 50, North Vernon: 9 to 11:30 a.m. and noon to 2 p.m. April 6
- St. Mary’s Catholic School, 209 Washington St., North Vernon: 9 to 11 a.m. April 7
- Graham Creek Elementary, 7910 S. County Road 90W, Commiskey: 9-11 a.m. and noon to 2 p.m. April 11
- Scipio Elementary, 6320 State Road 7 North: 9 to 11 a.m. and noon to 2 p.m. April 12
- Sand Creek Elementary, 1450 W. County Road 500N, North Vernon: 9-11 a.m. and noon to 2 p.m. April 13