Orchids to …
• Sam Simmermaker and 106.1 The River DJs as Sam is the true Hall of Famer and the DJs are the best at what they do.
• Ken Fudge for his letter to the editor about actions at City Hall.
• the person who gave us a random act of kindness, from Dave, Brenda and Stephanie.
• George DeLay for picking up some 7-Up and delivering it to me while I was sick.
• Mrs. Gaff and her team, from her International School of Columbus Science Olympiad team members Agi and Eva.
• Jeri at the east-side Walgreens for calling to let me know I had left my driver’s license behind.
• Mike in the plumbing department at Lowe’s for his excellent help in ordering a shower compartment for my bathroom, from Sherry Warner.
• Kim Miller, for beautiful flowers and birthday visits, from Mary and Elsie.
• the Columbus City Garage yard pick-up crew for its speedy service in picking up our refuse.
• Animal Care Services workers for their immediate service.
• Bush’s Farm Market for awesome pork liver.
• Patricia March for the well-written letter, as I wholly agree that Planned Parenthood serves a useful purpose, and politicians and religion should not interfere with a woman’s choice.
Onions to …
• anyone who thinks this melting pot is still working for us.
• people who still haven’t caught on that no matter what they do or say they are stuck with the current administration for four years just like we were for the last eight.
• those who view government as the solution rather than the problem.
• the news media who think their opinions are the facts.
• the committee chairman who did not allow a vote on a bill and to the voters who put him back in office.
• the person who conveniently omitted the word “peaceably” when describing the First Amendment.
• anyone who believes that more than 130,000 abortions in the U.S. so far in 2017 is “rare.”
• the person who wrote the letter for stating that our president has felt free to sexually assault women, and to the newspaper for printing it.
• those for the picture in the paper of an African American in whiteface when, if the role had been reversed and a Caucasian did blackface, there would have been many upset people.
Happy Birthday to …
• Dale Anderson, from your family, Donna and Pam.
• Cathie Martin, from your family and Donna.
• Anna Couch, Marcia Sebastian and Pam Steinke, from Pastor Lewis Burton and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Eric Love.
• Reece Cole.
• Laylia Kammel.
• Arlia Kammel.
• Eric Lux, Adycin Rager and Ashley Chambers, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• James Wray Simmons.
• Nick Curd, from Mark, Kim, Grandma Jean and Grandma Joan.
• Roger Keller, from the Oak Island crew.
• Twin sisters Alice Heck and Anna Couch, from family.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Jennifer Steer, from all her Rockcreek Township friends.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Richard and Pauletta Hansen on No. 15, from Betsy, Shirley, Donna, Bonnie and Charlotte.
• Mike and Kathy Hayes.