Pawlus Dental and Franciscan Health Cancer Center are offering free oral cancer screenings.
Screenings will be available from 8 a.m. to noon Friday at Pawlus Dental, 4001 Goeller Blvd. Appointments are limited and reservations are required. Appointments may be made by calling 877-888-1777.
Warning signs of oral cancer may include:
- A sore in the mouth that bleeds easily or will not go away
- Pain, tenderness or numbness in the mouth or lips
- A red or white patch inside the mouth that does not go away
- Lump, soreness or thickening of the mouth, tongue, cheek or throat
- Difficulty chewing, swallowing or moving the tongue or jaw
- Loosening of the teeth
Most common risk factors include tobacco use, excessive alcohol consumption and human papillomavirus infection.