Orchids to …
• Viewpoint Books for sharing your wonderful space with us, from the Islamic Society and Unitarian Universalist congregation.
• Mrs. Logston, Mrs. Stroh, Mrs. Abplanalp, Mrs. Rawlins and Mrs. Eagle, teachers who gave their time to volunteer at the Destination Imagination regional tournament, from grateful Parkside students and parents.
• the young lady in the dark-colored SUV in the drive-thru line at Steak ‘n Shake and to the gentleman in the white Sierra who helped me when my truck wouldn’t run.
• Kenneth Landreth’s letter in the paper as it was excellent, truthful and sobering.
• Kenneth Landreth for his excellent letter to the editor telling us to quit fighting among ourselves.
• Charles Lynn Whittington and Grammer Industries for being named company of the year at the 108th annual meeting of the Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce, from Aunt Mary and Aunt Elsie.
• Roberta and Wanda for being so kind and helpful to me.
• the sweet lady who paid for my groceries Saturday at Aldi as it was awfully kind of you.
• Sheriff’s Deputy Mike Barnes and Reserve Deputy Andrew Dugan for rescuing my little dog, Bo, from the groundhog hole, from Ellen Macy.
Onions to …
• the person or persons who destroyed my neighbor’s yard on Stephens Drive in Elizabethtown.
• the local legislator who refuses to let a bill be heard in his committee.
• the elementary school lunch room monitor who obviously doesn’t enjoy being a lunch room monitor
• the person making social media posts with false facts and news that causes unneeded fear.
• the local eye doctor’s office for adding random charges that staff cannot even explain.
• the person who found my money at a local grocery store and did not turn it in.
• the store that is not able to keep baggers and expects customers to help bag their own groceries.
• employees of businesses who park on Washington Street right outside businesses instead of using the parking garages.
• the person who complained about the man who goes to all the church pitch-in as he was probably lonesome.
• doctors who take your money and act like they are doing you a favor even when they do nothing for you.
Happy Birthday to …
• Brad Covert, from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• Deena Bratcher, from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• Shirley Phares, from your family, Rita and Donna.
• Bob Bullock, from Janet, the kids and families, and Donna.
• Logan Hoene, from Grandma Tricia, Uncle Mikel, Mom and Joslin.
• Chris Lazzell, from Bill Lazzell.
• Matthew Zeller, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Todd Justus.
• Chad Hanner.
• Elsie Newton.
• Christopher Zeigler, from Mom, Barry and Reagan.
• Sondie Wiley, from Laura and Rhonda.
Happy Birthday to …
• Dorothy Richards, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.