Orchids to …
• Bryan Brown for writing what millions of us are thinking.
• Dancer’s Studio for the beautiful flowers.
• Beth Sullivan’s letter in Sunday’s paper and for her dependable, positive and caring outlook.
• Bryan Brown for his excellent letter, reminding us that truth matters.
• Carol Sewell for her great letter about the importance of representative government.
• Thurman in the Kroger meat department for always being very friendly and helpful, and making sure I am always satisfied when I leave.
Onions to …
• the dental office that made me feel foolish asking a question about braces.
• people who spread ridiculous weather forecasts, no matter how improbable.
• opinion writers who don’t think about a scenario where children can have hatred toward adults and incite angry responses.
• the person complaining about doctors taking money and doing nothing for not realizing some components of our health care system are after repeat customers, not cures.
• people who judge others in the Onions.
• The Republic for publishing outrageous Onions.
Happy Birthday to …
• Jadynn on No. 7, with love from Grandma, Mommy, Daddy, Teigan and Kamryn.
• Barbara Johnson, Jim Hamilton and Matthew Zeller, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Todd Acton.
• Keegan Hill on No. 14, from all of your family.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Ann Hoppus and Jim Wolpert, from Dove Ministries.
• Dianne Farrar, from your sons, husband, daughters-in-law and grandchildren.