Orchids to …
• volunteers who helped make DSI’s D-Vine Wine and Beer fest a success, from DSI.
• Chad for giving my car a jump start at Kroger this past Sunday.
• John Tinkey, from those who recognize how generous, caring and thoughtful you are.
• the folks at Bartholomew County Library’s computer area for excellent service in helping me.
• all my friends at Love Chapel, my family and Marquita for all the things you did for me and for believing in me this past year, from Rick.
• all volunteers who were a big help at the Thrive Alliance event, “Relative Caregiver Support Group.”
• Justin at HD Appliance for sticking with us and getting the ice maker in our refrigerator fixed, from Keith and Terry.
Onions to …
• the church that canceled kids activities during spring break.
• those who don’t realize inclusion and diversity are contrary to each other unless perpetual conflict is your goal.
• the U.S. debt ceiling limit that expires this week.
• all the conversations, awareness raising and initiatives that won’t solve the drug problem.
• those who will not ask the hard questions of those complaining about inclusiveness in our city. What happens to Christians in other countries?
• those who do not realize that Columbus and the U.S. are the most welcoming of all places to live of all cultures.
• political “leaders” who think it’s acceptable to take health insurance away from 24 million Americans.
Happy Birthday to …
• Mary Bridgewater, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Kurt Nunemaker, from Kim, Randy and Sarah.
• Rory Glick, from your family and Donna.
• Cindy Fillenworth, from your family and Donna.
• Glyn Price, from your family, Billie and Donna.
• Amy Lian, from your husband and Donna.
• Hannah Hodson and Laycen Thomas Dale Schaffer, from Pastor Lewis Burton and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Patrick Daniel McKinney, from your family.
• Henrietta Weddle, from Brown’s Corner Chapel Church.
• Donald Gilliland.
• Brent Coy.
• Jean Patrick, from friends at Mariam Circle.
• Carter Davidson, from Dove Ministries.
• Martha Lawless and Mary Artis, from Delores Bode.
• Pappy Fleetwood, from Tim and Kelly.
• Dorothy Jean Patrick, from Vivian Adams, John and Judy Lind, and Vicki, Mark, Ashley, Shantel, Hanna, Wilma and George.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Khaley Maggard, on No. 18, from Dad, Mom, Tiffany, Nana, Papaw and the Fosnights.