Orchids to …
• my friends and church family for food, cards, trips to the doctor and prayers during my recent surgery.
• Mandy at Marsh for the great job with my husband’s 70th birthday cake, as it is a piece of art.
• all Bartholomew County law enforcement for their hard work combating crime and the drug problem, from John Tinkey.
• James Goddard, from those who recognize how generous and thoughtful you are.
Onions to …
• people who thought it would be entertaining to post the video of the nude man on National Road on social media for all to see.
• the writer who has confused transparency for public trust with publicity for political gain.
• decision-makers for canceling a popular concert series instead of moving it to drier months of the year.
• the letter writer who thinks he understands why conservatives voted for the president.
• the current draft of the health bill that appears to significantly raise healthcare premiums for people in their 50s and 60s, and provides subsidies to couples earning as much as $150,000 year.
• credit unions that charge fees to withdraw your own money from an account.
• the city for not having a YMCA.
Happy Birthday to …
• Joan Burton, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Donita Compton, with love from your family.
• Gloria Ann Hartwell, from Jay, Heather and Chris.
• Alan Retz, from Missy, Katie, Tommi, Lily, April, Chris, Braelynn and Mom.
• Angela Neville, from Mom Estella Brooks.
• Lisa, from Joe, Casey, Chris, Emily, Tyler and baby Owen.
• Jim Stribling, from the Wednesday morning breakfast group.
• Matt Lee, from Mom and Dad, Lisa, Ethan, Katie, Sarah, Ronnie, Paige, Mamaw Lee and Mamaw Burris.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Tom and Nancy Bennardo, from your family and Donna.
• Pic and Sheila Hadley, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.