Columbus firefighters evacuated seven homes and closed an intersection for about 20 hours after a workers hit an unmarked gas line.
The gas leak was reported at 2:43 p.m. Saturday at 19th Street and Home Avenue, said Capt. Mike Wilson, Columbus Fire Department spokesman.
Miller Pipeline was working in the area about five blocks south of Columbus North High School and struck a gas line that workers said was unmarked, Wilson said.
Duke Energy disconnected electrical service to the homes after the evacuations, Wilson said.
The leak was fixed at 10:20 a.m. Sunday, Wilson said.
For more on this story, see Monday’s Republic.