Orchids to …
• the young lady in the blue Ford with an IU license plate holder for paying for my coffee at McDonald’s.
• Lori Borgman for the excellent, nonpartisan column in Sunday’s Republic about the lack of civility in today’s society.
• Tri-State Artisans for not only being a wonderfully unique local art gallery and gift shop, but also for showing dedication to providing quality art classes and activities for all ages all year long.
• Randy Clark of Columbus Transit for his kindness Wednesday, from a disabled person.
• all people who support hate-crime legislation in the state of Indiana, from the Bartholomew County Democratic women.
• Wendy’s restaurant and the managers for excellent customer service.
• the officers of South Central Indiana Men’s Fellowship for the awesome job they have been doing this year.
• the grown woman who went to a children’s playground Friday night, turned up her music really loud and started dancing.
• Prestige Printing for squeezing us in on such short notice and for being so friendly, polite and professional, from Eastern Bartholomew Water Corporation.
• Pat Muir for a lifetime of supporting our children, from her friends at FFY.
• Lee Hamilton for his well-written article in Thursday’s paper, from a lifelong Republican.
• the pharmacist at CVS who expedited my order when she saw how ill I was.
• Thompson Furniture & Mattress for going the extra mile with excellent customer service, from the Scroggins family.
• oral surgeon Dr. Todd Bergman for your excellent care of a patient at 10 a.m. Wednesday, from his wife.
• the Wellspring medical staff for taking such good care of me when I had my surgery, from Norma.
Onions to …
• the transportation service that requires people to board in the middle of a dangerous street.
• friends who deliberately lie about you to make themselves and their family look good.
• the city for spending millions of dollars on sidewalks when our streets are falling apart.
• the people who are misinformed about the executive branch having any sort of powers to enforce a law when it goes through Congress and the judiciary branch.
• the man in the neighborhood who won’t mind his own business.
Happy Birthday to …
• Andy Kilps, Lori Shaw and Megan Shrader, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jim Sturgis.
• Jerry McKinney.
• Rob Dickey.
• Brittany Alsip-Swick.
• Megan Shrader.
• Brady McNealy.
• Lisa Heck, from Sandy, Junior, Nick, Megan and Alexis.
• Megan Shrader, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Clinton Anderson, from Mom, Dad, Amy, William, Sherry, Bo and Piper.
Happy Birthday to …
• James Michael Hagan, from Mom, Dad, Cameron and Maddie.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Joyce Willis on No. 49, from Jim Willis.