Orchids to …
• Shirley Todd for her letter to the editor stating the need for public prayer in school.
• East Columbus Christian Church for hosting a tremendous South Central Indiana Fellowship meeting and meal.
• Officer Quesenbery, Bob Kasting, Aaron Lynott, Mrs. Lindsey, Mr. Alvarez, Mr. Chastain for the planetarium in the science lab, from Smith Pre-K.
• George and your wife for your help when we had car trouble in the drive-thru and for paying for my meal, from Doug and Ashlynn.
• Dale Fleetwood for the beautiful daffodils on U.S. 31 and County Road 600S, from your friend.
• Carol Rumple for the honor roll.
• Dr. Davis, nurses and staff at Columbus Regional Hospital for the excellent care they gave me, from Marcia.
Onions to …
• politicians who lack common sense and are out of touch with the middle class.
• those who don’t realize that 30 more carry-out liquor stores in Columbus would mean lower prices.
• those who eat at their desk instead of the break room, making everyone smell their horrible smelling lunch.
• companies that pay some employees for overtime while expecting it of others.
• the city for the potholes on Flintwood Drive and for giving new pavement to the side roads instead of the busiest roads on that side of town.
Happy Birthday to …
• Curt Fulp, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Ethan Sterett.
• Ava Wade.
• Brian Abner, from the Hammack family.
• Shawn Dorsett.
• Chelsea Spartz.
• Ava Wade.
• Misty Cross, from Grandma Jean.
• Joan Jones, from your family and friends.
• Melissa Holtsclaw, from Thornton’s family.
• Dean Burton, from your family.