Orchids to …
• the city employee who did such a great job on removing piles of brush Thursday on Fairlawn Court.
• my newspaper delivery person for sealing my paper in a plastic bag on a potentially wet morning, from a new customer.
• the helpful clerk in Kroger’s floral department for helping me Thursday evening when you needed to leave, from the lady who wanted the pink and green bouquet.
• Dave Miller at the Hope Library for reading to the third-graders before spring break and for always volunteering when needed, from the third grade teachers and students.
• Mark Campbell at State Farm for making our transition to the company so easy.
• St. Paul’s Episcopal Church for opening your doors for Bartholomew County Indivisible.
• the Bartholomew County Indivisible members who traveled to speak with aides of members of the U.S. Senate and Congress.
• Ben Budge and his great sense of political satire.
Onions to …
• the local official who denigrates good people throughout our community via social media.
• the local varsity team that did not stay after their game to cheer on the junior varsity team.
• the person who ate all of my Nutter Butter peanut butter cookies.
• the bus driver who tells young girls they stink when they wear perfume.
• elected leaders from both parties who are unwilling to get together and do the job they were elected to do.
• people complaining about Easter egg hunts which signify spring and childhood memories as well as the Resurrection.
• impatient drivers who unsafely turn right on red in front of oncoming traffic.
Happy Birthday to …
• Bruce Lane, from your co-workers.
• Sloan Putnam, from your family and Donna.
• Kim Hudson, from Mom, Bob and Tina.
• Eddie Michael, from Ann, Allen, Kimra, Krisalyn, Greg, Heather, Chase, Connor, Chance and the Steenbargers.
• Vickie Marshall, from Ian, Marc, Sharon, Lacey, Emma and Krista.
• Tara Smith, from Adisyn, Grandma and Grandpa Rich and family.
• Megan Ripley.
• Bill Johnson, from friends at the Moravian Church.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• M. Tommy Bova, from Edna and Al Bova and Ned Fearnot.
• Gary Cheek.
• Dorothy Mason, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
Happy Belated Anniversary to …
• Frank and Violet Lindsey, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.