Orchids to …
• Parts counter employees at Bob Poynter Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram and Hyundai for going above and beyond to assist me with the bolt issue on my Pontiac Torrent, from a now-forever customer.
• the convenience store chain for breaking the liquor store monopoly on cold beer sales.
• Jill Johnson for the fine example she set.
• Michelle at Circle K at 25th Street and Taylor Road for providing free car washes.
• the staff and management of The Republic for their work seven days a week.
• the blonde-haired woman who paid for our dinner Saturday evening at Long John Silvers.
• Sandy Martin of Columbus Free Methodist Church for sending her request to the members and friends of the church.
• Gene Hack and Mark Newell with the Bartholomew Consolidated School Corp., from Rhonda and Michael Brown.
• Dave Burton for the wonderful veterans Indy Honor Flight for my brother this past weekend.
Onions to …
• those who don’t realize that retail competition drives lower consumer prices.
• people who are still complaining about church-sponsored Easter egg hunts, when those churches have children who enjoy the activity.
• those wishing for the failure of our president, because if he fails the United States fails.
• those who deny climate change when the climate shows us that it’s the beginning of May but our calendar says something totally different.
• sports fans who held up the inappropriate signs at the game.
• the substitute delivery person who threw the Sunday paper in the grass at the edge of the road instead of on the porch.
• wine snobs that don’t realize I prefer inexpensive twist-off cap beverages.
Happy Birthday to …
• Timara Eisfelder, from Grandma Weddle.
• Jarod Buchta, from your cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, Dad, Mom, Papaw, Mamaw and all your family.
• Gary Simmons.
• Andrew James Titus.
• Lowell Thompson.
• Deborah K. Harker.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Clyde Parrott, from your neighbors.