From: Thomas Talbert
Accountability counts; bullying, threats and lies cannot unite a free society.
How does the public come to grips with Trump’s remarks?
- Accused Barack Obama of not being born in the United States of America.
- Accused Muslims of celebrating the 911 disaster from skyscraper rooftops.
- Accused Barack Obama of wire-tapping Trump Tower.
- February 2016: Trump: “We will immediately repeal and replace Obamacare, and nobody can do that like me. We will save dollars and have much better health care.”
- March 24, 2017: Trump: “I guess I’m here, what 64 days? I never said repeal and replace Obamacare. You’ve heard my speeches. I never said repeal and replace it within 64 days. I have a long time.”
So now, how is the public to believe there is no Russian connection? Possibly releasing tax returns could help elevate the public confidence. It is unfortunate the Trump-Pence administration continues to foster chaos and distrust at the expense of accountability and unity.