Orchids to …
• Anthony Blair for saving my day Friday and “giving me wings!”
• the man who enjoyed the beautiful blooms on my cherry tree; may it make you feel closer to home.
• Crystal and Linda, two super women at Kroger, for the “chickens and hens” plant, from Pat.
• Kenneth Fudge for his absolute spot-on letter to the editor and for having the courage to say what so many of us are now thinking but don’t say for fear of retribution.
• Thomas Talbert for his letter to the editor.
• the Columbus Police Department for the fast response and professional containment of a dangerous situation, from a Gladstone Avenue resident.
• Andrea Neal for her comprehensive article on school testing.
• the gentleman who paid $10 to the cashier toward my grocery purchase Friday at east-side Walmart.
Happy Birthday to …
• Catherine Thompson of Scipio on No. 99, from your family.
• Paula Winkler, from your family and Donna.
• Larry Cox, from your family and Donna.
• Kathy Breeden, from your family and Donna.
• Beverly Bott, from your family and Donna.
• Judy Nichols, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Kamari Siener, from Jeri, Sharon, Mom, Dad, Morgan, Brian, Nick, Molly, Adeline, McKenna, Grandma Diekhoff and Grandpa Diekhoff and Grandma Siener.
• Arnold Lee, from Bob, Shirley, Russell, Gloria, Tom, Jerry, friends and family.
• Evan Watkins, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Allie McKinney, from Tad.
• Leilah Littiken on No. 7, from Mommy, Greg, Nana, Grammy, Skyler and the rest of your family.
• Judy Nickerson, from Dove Ministries.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Basil and Vera Brummet on No. 69.