Orchids to …
• Flintwood Wesleyan Church for hosting a Senior Adult Ministry program and dinner on Thursday.
• the people of Bartholomew County who are standing up and being counted for the support of health care, Meals on Wheels and preschool lunches for the middle class, poor and our elderly, from Don and Jerri Frey.
• Sandy at the Bartholomew County Public Library for her time, expertise and computer assistance.
• Connie and Rod Radovanovic for sharing their beautiful property with the children of Little Seeds Preschool and their parent chaperones on Wednesday’s field trip.
• Lydia Brooks, Kaitlyn Conrad, Rachael Meador and Sierra Schneider for the outstanding help you gave to the teachers and chaperones of Little Seeds Preschool on field trip day and your exemplary care of the children.
• the Columbus Salvation Army for sponsoring two much-needed Gleaners food trucks.
• the Columbus Salvation Army for opening its food pantry twice a month for the people of Columbus and Bartholomew County.
• First Financial Bank at Creekview for having a dependable, honest staff.
• Dr. Wilson and staff along with all the outpatient surgery staff at Columbus Regional Hospital for their expertise and professionalism in making a pleasant experience for my eye surgery, from Kevin.
• Pat and Mary Myers for the beautiful birthday flowers.
• Lori Steigerwalt at the U.S. Post Office for all her wonderful help mailing my packages, from Sheilla.
• Mayor Jim Lienhoop for reviving efforts to attract international manufacturers, which led to national recognition for Columbus in a positive article in The Wall Street Journal.
• the counter employees at Dunkin’ Donuts for their kind assistance in picking out a variety of doughnuts.
• the three females in the white car who picked me up when I was stranded at the Marathon on Tuesday night.
• Mayor Jim Lienhoop for doing a great job despite constant criticism.
Onions to …
• whoever changed the timing of the stoplight at the intersection of Second and State streets.
• government for wasting taxpayer money on rumble strips when the root of the problem is cellphone use in cars.
• the people who think there is no fix for the drug problem.
• those who charge $100 per ticket for a local event, which proves Columbus only caters to the rich.
Happy Birthday to …
• Margaret Green, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Crissy Trimnell, from Mike, Christian, Sebastian and Donna.
• Kim King-Smith, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
Happy Birthday to …
• Uncle Dave Weddle, from Cheryl and Keith Weddle.
• Andy Rea, from Grandma Jean.
• Judy Lind, from cousin Jean.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Steve and Rebecca McKinney.
• Tammy and David Clouse, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Cody and Emily Fleetwood on No. 10, with love from Zoe Fleetwood, Grandma Snyder, St. Clairs and family.