Orchids to …
• all who were involved in the cleanup of Bartholomew County on Friday evening.
• Joe and Kay for the birthday wish, from Ron Schaub.
• Larry Carter for mowing our yard, from the Drerups.
• Richard Liu for his outstanding senior project, heroin in Columbus.
• Ed Reuter for his many years of service to Bartholomew County.
• the Keepsake Village staff for coming together during the power outage Friday and Saturday to make sure all residents were safe and secure.
• Ashley Norman for her help, from a friend.
• Carlotta Nixon, a senior at Jennings County High School, for her much appreciated articles on the Jennings County page of The Republic.
• Sheriff Matt Myers for taking a gentleman’s telephone call.
• Honeymoon Hauling for another great moving job, from a repeat customer.
• Brandon and Tracy at the Circle K on Central Avenue for extra effort, from a regular customer.
• Marquita Tuck for buying Rick and I a ticket to the Methodist church luncheon Friday night, from Rick and Jan Moss.
• the Rev. John Armstrong for his column in Saturday’s paper.
• the kind lady who paid for my Polar Pop Tuesday morning.
Onions to …
• the former elected official and followers costing valuable time and taxpayer resources by constantly bogging down the business of the city with petty grievances.
• the rude, obnoxious customer who made fun of an employee’s new apron.
• those who don’t agree that while some vegetable onions could make you cry, some Republic Onions can actually make you laugh.
• people who do not understand the cost of energy storage systems, batteries and other complex systems on top of high panel costs which makes solar impossibly expensive for large-scale use.
• people who put garage sale signs on street corners and don’t pick them up after the garage sale ends.
• The Republic for its poor coverage of the storms that passed through Bartholomew County on Friday night.
• the two red trucks pulling trailers with mowers that were racing down Second Street on Friday afternoon.
• the former elected official who needs to move on.
• those who think its OK for the president to give alternate facts about history.
Happy Birthday to …
• Julie Woolls, from your family, Donna and Lori.
• Sushant Athalay, from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• George Robert Hege, from Grandma Hege.
• Gary Elliott.
• Maggie Janes.
• Damian Hanner.
• Karma Gahwiller.
• Lori Mobley, from Mom, Dad and Lisa.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Samuel P. Simmermaker, from all of his loyal friends.
• David Wilcoxon, from your buddies.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Preston and Jan Shera, from your family and Donna.