Residents of Bartholomew and Jennings counties have local opportunities to donate blood and help save lives during Trauma Awareness Month in May.
The American Red Cross is urging residents to consider donating during one of the following blood drives:
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and May 12, 18 and 26 at La Quinta Inn & Suites, 101 Carrie Lane, Columbus
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Terrace Lake Community Church, 4260 W. County Road 200S, Columbus
- 2 to 7 p.m. May 15 at Hope Moravian Church, 202 Main St., Hope
- 12:30-5 p.m. May 24 at First Christian Church, 531 Fifth St., Columbus
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 26 at Columbus City Hall, 123 Washington St.
- 2 to 6 p.m. May 31, Walmart, 2380 State Road 3 North, North Vernon
People who donate blood or platelets by May 14 will be entered to win one of three $1,000 gift-card shopping sprees from giftcertificates.com.
Donation appointments can be scheduled through the Red Cross blood donor app, by visiting redcrossblood.org or by calling 1-800-733-2767.