Orchids to …
• The Salvation Army for its kindness and help during the storms Friday evening.
• the Rev. David Brown and Susan for the wonderful “Hymns of Hope” program Sunday evening, and to Hope United Methodist Church for hosting it.
• Albert Miller for the beautiful performance with the Columbus Symphony on Sunday.
• Dr. Theodora Saddoris for her clear explanation of addiction and the hope that our community can develop compassionate responses to this current crisis.
• the man who was nice enough to pull over and help a stranger Sunday when I fell with my 4-month-old child.
• for the much improved and better delivery service of the paper in the Mineral Springs addition.
• neighbors on County Road 1200E for helping to get the tree that fell across the road during Friday’s storm cleared for traffic.
• Helen Heckman, principal at St. Bartholomew Catholic School, for her excellent leadership and influence for the students and teachers at the school.
• the neighbor who came and helped me get my lawn mower started.
• the two excellent columns in Wednesday’s Republic.
• Ed Reuter for his appointment as executive director as the state’s 911 board, and you will be missed in Bartholomew County.
Onions to …
• the city for having the most ridiculous parking ordinance for a downtown area.
• the two tree-trimming services that promised to come and give us an estimate Monday and never showed up or called.
• those that seem to forget we’ve had eight years of alternative facts.
• restaurants that won’t hire servers older than 30.
• the person who put the dent in the door of a Ford Escape at the shopping center.
Happy Birthday to …
• Sara Schaub, from Kay and Joe.
• Lucas Shaw, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Amelia Robertson.
• Teresa Whittington.
• Mika Ross.
Happy Birthday to …
• Sue Feller, from Tabitha, Robert, Colton, Hunter, Koda, Roger, Bethany, Kyle, Craig, Crystal, Paige and Kenzie.
• Cameron Cravens on No. 18, from Mom, Dad and Courtney.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Terry and Henrietta McGaha, from the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• W.A and Shelley Burton, from the Who So Ever Will Community Church.