High water has closed several areas in Columbus and in its parks system.
Mill Race Park and Noblitt Parks are closed because of high water, the parks department announced this morning.
The People Trail near Northbrook is also closed along with the portion of the trail west of Columbus along Jonathan Moore Pike and the I-65 tunnels. All sections of the People Trail now closed will reopen after water has receded and crews have cleaned mud and debris away.
The following road closings were announced by Bartholomew County Emergency Management:
- 13000 to 14000 block of County Road 225N at both ends near Clifty Creek
- County Road 400W at County Road 250S.
- County Road 400N at the Tinkey Bridge
- Intersection of County Road 900N and 200W
- Intersection of County Road 930S and County Road 400W
- County Road 400W south of County Road 850S
- County Road 850S near 400W
- South Gladstone Avenue south of the bridge
- County Road 800S between State Road 11 and U.S. 31
- County Road 900N between 200E and 300E
For more information: 812-376-2599.
For more on this story, check back here or pick up a Saturday Republic.