HELENA, Mont. — CR Anderson Middle School in Montana will reopen Thursday after no lead problems have been found within damages caused by a fire.
The Independent Record reports (http://bit.ly/2pCosIo ) Helena Public School District Superintendent Jack Copps gave the OK to open the school back up with parts sealed off for continued clean up.
Classes had been canceled Tuesday and Wednesday because of smoke and water damage stemming from a fire Monday.
Officials believe the fire started from a fluorescent light.
Lead tests had been sent to Billings, Montana. The school had abated lead paint in the ceiling a few years ago, but didn’t treat above the ceiling. Copps says the lead paint had been technically contained, but the school wanted to test it after water had ran over the lead contaminants.
Information from: Independent Record, http://www.helenair.com