BATH, S.D. — Authorities say a woman who escaped unharmed from a house fire near Bath was saved by her dogs.

Brown County Emergency Manager Scott Meints tells the American News (http://bit.ly/2qXJc25 ) that the barking dogs woke Chastidy Pletten early Wednesday and alerted her to the flames.

Pletten and her pets weren’t harmed, though the house was extensively damaged. The cause of the fire isn’t known.


Information from: Aberdeen American News, http://www.aberdeennews.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.