The Indiana Department of Environmental Management has issued an Air Quality Action Day and is forecasting high ozone levels for Monday and Tuesday in Bartholomew County.
IDEM encourages people to help reduce ozone by making simple changes to their daily habits. You can:
- Walk, bike, carpool or use public transportation
- Avoid using the drive-through and combine errands into one trip
- Avoid refueling your vehicle or using gasoline-powered lawn equipment until after 7 p.m.
- Turn off your engine when idling for more than 30 seconds
- Conserve energy by turning off lights or setting the air conditioner to 75 degrees or above