Orchids to …
• Alan and Gayle Eiler for ordering books and leading us in a study, from the First Christian Church Works In Progress Life Group.
• CRH staff and Dr. Thompson for the excellent care during my surgery and for being courteous and so helpful.
• the hard-working mentors and students of Hauser High School who presented a look at life in the late 1800s at Spring on the Farm at the Breeding Farm, and to Adam Rediker and Carrie Harris for providing this educational experience, from Zack Ellison.
• Jane at Hope Vet Clinic for the hug and kind words after our Alice died Monday.
• Todd Simpson and crew at Johnny’s Columbus Muffler Service for the fast, cost-efficient repairs on the motor of my Lincoln, from a new customer.
• Chick-fil-A for providing the wonderful food for the Salvation Army event, Behind the Shield, on Saturday.
• my children Rick, Justin and Raquel and my granddaughter Abby for all your did for me Mother’s Day, from Jan.
• the great jobs that United Way volunteers did on our trailer, from a grateful person.
Onions to …
• people who didn’t get the memo about separation of church and state that still attempt to hold officials to a religious level.
• the golf course that let the group of seven go in front of a Monday night league.
• the state official who will not return your telephone calls.
• the city for letting drug dealers take over.
• whoever is responsible for the bad smell between 17th and 19th streets.
• people who don’t take care of their animals in the heat and bad weather.
Happy Birthday to …
• Adam Brouse, from Leah, Claire, Noah, Dad, Mom, Pappaw, Mammaw and all your family.
• Tucker Dickerson, from friends at the Moravian Church and Grandma Hege.
• Mary Williamson, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Leah Roth.
• Jamie Nading.
• Owen Wilson on No. 95, from his family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Greg and Erica Smith on No. 20, from Marian.
• John and Lisa Long.