MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — Authorities say three people were injured after a kitchen fire broke out during Google’s I/O developer conference at a California venue that normally hosts concerts.
It happened Thursday at the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View.
Mountain View Fire Department spokesman Lynn Brown says three people were taken to a hospital and one had life-threatening injuries.
Google said in a statement that the small fire broke out in a kitchen at the venue and no conference attendees were hurt.
The company says the three people who were injured were event staff members and are receiving treatment.
Brown says a flash fire broke out when workers were trying to light a deep-fat fryer. The kitchen’s sprinklers put out the blaze.