Orchids to …
• the terrific Duke Energy employees for their amazing service to restore power after a semi took out the power line on 24th Street and Central Avenue.
• George DeLay for helping me with blinds, from Donna.
• Cody and Andrew Burker for winning the scholarship, from Mom, Dad, Lauren and Donna.
• Dr. Larkin and staff for their contribution in my cataract surgery and getting my eyesight back, from Kevin Thompson.
• the lady in Rural King who bought me a box of suet cakes as a gift.
• all liberal Republicans.
• Doug Southern and your crew for the wonderful job you did on my new roof for my house, from a happy customer.
• Krea Hill who is not only an amazing teacher but who also owns a business, Power Elite, that has been such an amazing experience for our daughter.
• Shawn Hawkins and employees for the great lawn service that you give each and every week, from a grateful customer.
• Michael Greven for his beautiful letter reminding us that America is primarily made up of the descendants of immigrants.
• Carole Hyneman for a detailed and articulate letter to the editor considering President Trump’s practices.
• Edinburgh JayC for replacing the banana that I purchased that got lost in between the store and home.
• Jackie, Matt and Mitch of Lohmeyer Plumbing for your kind help, quick response and the great job you did for me Thursday, from Gayle Easton.
Onions to …
• the woman who went through the grocery express lane with $309 worth of groceries.
• the person on social media who verbally assaulted my friend about an issue she has nothing to do with.
• people who think others should have to pay for their solar panels.
• the public employee who takes too much time off.
• drivers who follow too closely to allow the car ahead to brake for geese crossing the road.
• women who feel the need to breastfeed in a coffee shop.
• people who don’t realize that symbolic prayers won’t be heard.
Happy Birthday to …
• Erika Miller, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Don Gates, from your family and Donna.
• Tony Stewart, from your NASCAR fans.
• Bill Colford, from Mom, family and friends.
• Jake Schoettner, from Grandma Jean.
• Rachel Wilcox, from Aunt Jean.
• Anna Lee Beatson, from Jean Patrick.
• Dawn Wilson, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Debbie Martin.
• Haleigh Sanders.
• Stephanie Hensley, with love from Pete and Betty.
• Mary Morrow, from Gary, Michael and Danny.
• Heather Walker McBride.
• Janet Kimball, from Mark, Bill and Debbie.
• Wilma Leonard, from the family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Aaron and Wendy Joslin on No. 22, from family and friends.