Orchids to …
• all the moms feeding their babies when they are hungry in public.
• Quincey Coffey for your graduation from Sandy Creek Christian Academy and following the calling you have been given, from Granny and Gramp and your Columbus family.
• Tristan, an employee at the Menards store, for offering to help load heavy landscape stones into our truck, from a couple of senior citizens who aren’t as strong as they used to be.
• the Lawson family for their tremendous testimony of faith and courage as told in their story, “Saving Amy,” and for being an inspiration to all who are going through difficult times, from one of Amy’s former teachers.
• Chipotle staff, the friendliest in the universe.
• moms who help normalize breastfeeding by nursing in public places.
• John Krull for his accurate description of President Trump.
• Linda Crossland for sharing your storage totes.
• the Columbus North C4 Department for the goodies they always provide to bus drivers and coming to the aid of a driver.
• Kindred Care for the nice cookout for the residents and their families, from Mary.
• Tom and Diane for their help Sunday, from your neighbor.
• Notre Dame students who were respectful and mature during the commencement address.
Onions to …
• the people who drive up and down Home Avenue way too fast and carelessly while construction crews are working.
• the pickup truck driver that ran a red light at Third and Washington streets.
• people who are experts on what prayers are heard.
• people who think coffee is more important than feeding a hungry baby.
• people who violate the city ordinance by burning yard waste in their backyard.
• people who would criticize a woman for breastfeeding her baby in public, as a woman is legally allowed to do so.
• The Republic for publishing complaints regarding mothers breastfeeding in public.
• people who think heroin and crack use is a disease because users know it’s addictive before they start.
• the company that tries to guilt and shame their adult employee for being sick or having personal emergencies.
• people who think half-brothers and half-sisters aren’t family.
• the office that only had one window open at 9:45 on a Monday morning with eight to nine people in line.
• the county for poor communication on the closing of Lowell Road.
Happy Birthday to …
• Cameron Wheele, from your family and Donna.
• Jane Plummer, from your family and Donna.
• Carolyn Hopkins, from your family and Donna.
• Brenda Darlene Ballard Villa, from your family.
• Mike Moody, from Mary, Chris, Isabelle, Joe, Willow and Mom.
• Cheryl Nading, from Elsie.
• Jan Siegal.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Virginia Veigler.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Nat and Anne Reinle, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Andy and Rosemary Long.
Happy Belated Anniversary to …
• Ronald and Nancy Murphy Speer, from all of their loyal friends in Bartholomew County.