NEW IPSWICH, N.H. — New Hampshire fire officials are warning residents to follow manufacturers’ recommendations when using fireworks after numerous people were injured while using sparklers in New Ipswich.

The fire marshal’s office says a number of sparklers were set inside a glass bottle and lit on Friday night during a social gathering.

The bottle exploded, scattering glass fragments that injured a number of people.

Nine people reported being injured. Five were transported to a local hospital and released.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.