Orchids to …
• Tim and all of the staff at the Kroger pharmacy for making sure their customers are well-informed about their medications.
• Tony Moravec for all he has done and continues to do for Columbus, from a grateful Columbus North band parent.
• George and Ruth for trimming my dead limbs and taking them to the curb, from Donna.
• Dr. Mangus for squeezing me in Wednesday morning, from a grateful patient.
• the lady in the Ford Focus for paying for my order at McDonald’s, from the gentleman in the red S-10.
• Mitch from Office Max for always being so patient and knowledgeable.
• the Kroger employee who made a special trip to the parking lot to get my son a kiddie grocery cart, saving him from much disappointment and sparing us a meltdown.
• Nora in the bakery department at Jay C West Hill for the awesome picture cake you did for my daughter’s graduation, from Raquel.
• the produce department at Jay C West Hill for the delicious fruit tray for graduation.
• Debra Greene for taking me to the doctor in Greenwood on Monday, from Mom.
• the Onions section for allowing me to vent about what upsets me.
• the person who paid for our dinner Tuesday night at Steak ‘n Shake, from David, Melinda and Kylee.
• all the photographers who send their photos in from near and abroad.
• Ben and Stephen from Honeymoon Hauling for the courteous and professional help on Wednesday, from Colleen.
Onions to …
• people who don’t realize that roundabouts are only safe for those who know how to handle them, and they are not easy to do so.
• people who don’t realize if we put as much energy into the drug crisis in Columbus as we do art and architecture, there wouldn’t be a drug crisis.
• a culture that rewards top company officials for failure.
• people who hopefully will finally understand when you give tax abatements to new and current businesses, you pass the tax burden and tax increases onto the private citizen.
• people who invade other people’s privacy and do not have the sense to keep to their own business.
• The Republic for the lack of coverage of the Hope Relay for Life.
Happy Birthday to …
• Angela Allison and Mark Dodd, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Alex Taylor.
• Michelle Emmert.
• Adam Norberg.
• Sarah Bailey.
• Lavon Wasson.
• Tom Caudill, Gloria Caudill, Linda Sullivan and Raymond Hodson Jr., from the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• J.D. Freeman, from Marian, Imogene, the Kirbys and the Millers.
• Peggy Walker, from Bill Walker, Rick and Jennifer, Lisa Reese, Tony and Lisa Walker, grandkids, nieces and nephews and friends.
• Tobi DuLong on No. 14, with love from Mom, Dad, Logan, Grandma, Grandpa and Judy.
• Matthew Scott on No. 22, with love from Mom, Dad, Allison, Jordan, Judy and Kay.
Happy Birthday to …
• Tom Gorman, from Mary.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Robert and Kim Baughman, from friends at the Moravian Church.