Six local college-bound students were selected as winners in the 2017 National Merit Scholarship Program.
These students from Columbus and North Vernon were selected from the list of finalists. Each student will receive between $500 and $2,000 annually for up to four years of undergraduate study at the institution financing the scholarship.
The winners, their selected schools and probable career fields are:
- Neev N. Kadakia, Indiana University, Bloomington, medicine
- Richard J. Liu, Indiana University, Bloomington, public policy
- Ujwala Pamidimukkala, Vanderbilt University, surgical medicine
- Elijah A. Peters, Purdue University, mechanical engineering
- Rebecca A. Stanton, Purdue University, computer science
- Tyler A. Vogel, University of Kentucky, medicine