Orchids to …
• all city employees who continue their departmental work with integrity, honesty and diligence.
• Keith Reeves for his 30-plus years of leadership and public service to Columbus.
• Cindy, the post office employee, who went way above and beyond in both customer service and kindness.
• Vera for sharing your paper with me because I usually pass it on.
Onions to …
• the company that has no respect for its employees.
• those who think after this water crisis we should be handing out participation trophies when people need to be fired.
• the person paying more attention to other drivers’ mistakes instead of focusing on their own driving abilities.
• people who can never be satisfied.
• hypocritical voters who have an endless supply of money for vices but shirk their civic obligation to pay taxes.
• grandparents who teach their grandchildren how to spend their money foolishly.
• those who don’t understand that if there are many false-positive tests then it may be time to learn how to correctly do the job.
• those who submitted accusatory Onions regarding the boil water advisory without knowing all the facts.
• people who became hysterical over what turned out to be a false crisis.
• parents and grandparents who refuse to take their children out of church when they are causing a disturbance.
• the officials testing the water who should’ve put out a boil water advisory immediately when the first test came back positive for E. coli because I would much rather be inconvenienced by boiling my water than possibly getting sick.
• city officials who are obsessed with raising our taxes.
• those in charge of building apartments within the required 100 feet from a cemetery.
Happy Birthday to …
• Christy Baker, from Bethel Baptist Church, and from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• Joe Blanchard, from Suzanne, Henry, co-workers and Donna.
• Bill Sullivan, from the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Jean Martin, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Emery Roxanne Tyree, from Grandma Hege.
• Austin Ashbrook.
• Elisha Hoover.
• Emily Titus.
• Jim Hancock.
• Marion Crumb.
• Albert T. Burton, from Steve.
• Chelci Talkington on No. 24, from Mom and Dad Simmons.
• Elizabeth Harmon (Mamaw) on No. 91, from Todd and Michelle.
• Ryan Ritchison, from Mom.
• Tammy Keller.
• Sammy Nolan, from brother Dylan, sister Katelynn, Gabby, Mom, Shawn, Grandpa, Aunt Retha, Aunt Becky, Aunt Jan, Aunt Vera and the rest of the family.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Crystal Perry, from family and friends.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Steve and Karen Nading and Ed and Lauri Hendershot, from friends at the Moravian Church.