Orchids to …
• Taylor at Kroger for being so helpful Monday by coming in early to fry 100 pieces of chicken, from Patsy Harris at Petersville United Methodist Church.
• Nancy Ray for speaking up about the water crisis.
• Johnny at the recycle center for his kindness and professionalism.
• Cummins for being a great corporate citizen and sponsoring Community Recycling Day.
• Darlene, William, Joe and Shelly at the Family and Social Services Administration office for always being helpful and kind, from Sarah.
• Dr. Matthews, Donna Jean and Lisa at Columbus Regional Hospital.
• Mitzie Shipley for helping me locate my two grandchildren who got away from me in the store Wednesday morning, from an elderly great-grandmother.
• the Columbus North High School boys golf team for a great season and for going to state.
• the lady at Shiloh Baptist Church for the Father’s Day root beer floats.
• Ellen Wilson for the yummy cherry delight at Legend’s Hair Salon.
• Dee at Taco Bell on State Road 46 West for making a customer unexpectedly happy on Wednesday, from Sheila.
• John Woods for going out of your way to get shopping carts in parking lots when people don’t take them back.
Onions to …
• Railroad representatives for lack of communication concerning crossing improvements that affected Dawson Street for two days.
• all the people who had false positives of vomiting and diarrhea starting last Wednesday.
• whomever thinks it is our civic duty to pay taxes when we are taxed enough already.
• those who forget that we were all kids at one point.
• the lady who was rude to the deli clerk because her fried chicken order wasn’t ready.
• the columnist comparing Mike Pence and J. Irwin Miller.
• the city of Columbus for putting tax dollars into a bridge for the People Trail instead of fixing the roads.
• drivers turning right on red who do not yield to the traffic that has the right of way turning left with a green arrow.
• the organization that owns properties all over town but yet still feels the need to rent out space for some of their programs.
• those who consistently speed through Tipton Lakes Boulevard, endangering the lives of pedestrians.
• those not realizing the accusatory Onions about the water crisis are because we will never be presented the truth.
• voters who elect people who have no qualifications to run a city.
• owners who allow their cats to run wild in a neighborhood.
• people who tie their dog to a doghouse in a fully fenced-in yard and never pay attention to it.
Happy Birthday to …
• A.J. Goecker on No. 17, from Papaw and Mamaw Goecker, Mom, Dad, Emma, Kayla and the rest of your family.
• Geneva Wilhite, Linda Young and Eddie Burton, from the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• John Brooks, from Marian, Imogene, the Millers and the Kirbys.
• Chad Sturgeon.
• Dylan Harker.
• Bryan Trotter.
• Casha Whittington.
• Eric Clark.
• Bella Turner, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Kasey Annette Griner on No. 7, from Mom and Dad.
• Kayleigh McClintic, from Mamaw McClintic, Dad, Aurora, Torrie, Tom, Denny, Bailey, Jason, Natasha, Tony, Laurel and Dan.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Pamela Tartt.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Tim and Susan Larken, from your family and Donna.
• Donnie and Stephanie Griffin, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.