Orchids to …
• Flat Rock Church of Christ for a tremendous South Central Indiana Men’s Fellowship meeting and meal.
• Margaret Pollert, a dear friend, for going with my daughter and I on Thursday, from Judith.
• mothers who breastfeed their babies in public.
• John Krull for his amazing and insightful column.
• people who understand public safety is a necessity that has to be paid for.
• Nichole Young and Oh Sweetie for the absolutely delicious and gorgeous chocolate favors for our daughter’s wedding, from the Pence family.
• City Council members Frank Miller and Laurie Booher for voting against the new tax, and to the local residents who spoke out against it, from non-wealthy residents living on an ever-shrinking budget.
• Darren Rutan’s Lawn Service for a job well done, from a satisfied customer.
• Katie Glick for her wise counsel for young mothers with small children.
• the nice lady in the Walmart parking lot who got out of her car in the pouring rain Friday morning to put my trunk down after it accidentally popped up.
• the owner of Chick-fil-A whose kindness, generosity and beliefs are a breath of fresh air to Columbus.
Onions to …
• the school counselor who said I would never amount to anything.
• the organization that was unable to find a place for a homeless man and his two children.
• this administration for not mentioning any kind of raise for Social Security.
• the driver of the car with excessively loud pipes who revs the motor between 6 and 7 a.m. every morning.
• people taking advantage of others who work hard for a living by only being with them for the money.
• residents with overflowing toters who don’t realize that there are chipmunks, rabbits, squirrels and rats in the neighborhood.
• the store that has little to no customer service, and to its manager who doesn’t care and won’t return calls.
• Mike Pence and Luke Messer for being very ambitious people without a moral compass because of their recent positions on repealing Obamacare, among other things.
• people who think symbolic prayers are actually heard.
• people who can’t just accept the truth and move on.
Happy Birthday to …
• Warren Hinton and Dave Turpin, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• David Turpin, from your family.
• Jo Ann Blevins, from your co-workers and Donna.
• Hallie Grace Hege, from your family and Donna, and from Grandma Hege.
• Paula Pyles, from your family and Donna.
• Joseph Harker.
• Adam Newman.
• Lisa Coombs and Michele Sweet, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Kevin Brown, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Lloyd Smith, from the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Ruth Hutt, from your Daughters of Isabella sisters.
• Teresa Hensley, from Jeff, Grant and Preston, and from Betty and Pete.
• Bill Lazzell, from Chris, Billy and the kids.
• Jason Pike, from Mamaw McClintic, Mom, Dan, Brian, Aurora, Tony, Natasha, Benny, Bailey, Torrie, Tom and Kayleigh.
Happy Birthday to …
• Roxanne Hood.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Carl and Annette Butler, from your family and Donna.
• Richard and Betsy Herndon