Orchids to …
• the Brown family and Ninth Street residents for hosting the J.C. Brown Day concert at Moose Park on Saturday.
• Kidz First day care, Regina Heagle and staff for a exceptional day care and SpringHill camp opportunities.
• all the folks who sort and fold the bags for Love Chapel as it is appreciated.
Onions to …
• people that are interviewed and sound like complete ditzes.
• drug addicts who break into other people’s homes and steal, not realizing they could be shot.
• the rude people on River Road who played their music all afternoon and into the evening so loud that I could not enjoy the lovely Saturday afternoon on my back porch from a quarter-mile away.
• pastors and their wives who don’t call the elderly and the sick to let them know that they matter.
• whoever stole my granddaughter’s fairy garden display in Colony Park because your enjoyment broke her heart.
• the people who have decided to use low-maintenance, inexpensive, dime-store flowers compared to the grandeur of landscaping back in the 1920s.
• those who don’t understand that even if there were no government health care programs and every citizen had private insurance, the young and the healthy would still pay for the majority of health care of the elderly and the chronically ill.
• people being interviewed who raise their voice at the end of each sentence making them sound like questions.
• people who set off fireworks before and after the Fourth of July.
• all events that have to be held in downtown Columbus instead of using the park, causing a mess.
• whoever decided to chip and seal County Road 450N, ruining it.
Happy Birthday to …
• Ron Wheeler, from your family and Donna.
• Sherry Burkman, from your family and Donna.
• Terry Sullivan, from your family and Donna.
• Heather McDonald, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Etta Crawhorn, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Sandy Mace, from the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Mason Morrow on No. 5, from Mom, Dad, Ryder, Grandma Jenny, Stephanie, Bobbi, David, Kaydence, Steven and Easton.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Jennifer A. Miller.
• Jackie Miller.
• Taryn Tyree, from Grandma Hege.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Mark and Esther Eshback, from your family, Annette and Donna.
• Anne Delano, from Beale.
• Raymond and Doris Dunkin on No. 61, from Tina and all your family and friends.
• Dale and Marianne Arnholt on No. 69, from your children, Tom, Barb, Bev, Mary and Tim, and their families.